How Microservices are Revolutionizing the IT Landscape? Must-Know Statistics
Creating a highly responsive product and operating a successful business is not simple. It is due to the competitive business situation, and many new firms arise every day with distinctive solutions to existing issues. Embracing the best practices to stay one step ahead of your competitors is extremely important. Owners of businesses will be in a chaotic situation if they don’t use the right tech stack or use the right development methodology.
In a bustling worldwide marketplace, business owners and CXOs of the company are seeking innovative ways to become an industry leader in the IT landscape. On the flip side, several new trends and technologies are constantly emerging in the IT sector. As a startup, you know that customer and user demands will be always unrest.
As customer demands are increasing drastically, CXOs of the company must enable new functionalities and develop ideal solutions that benefit the users. And this is where Microservices comes in. Generally, applications were built as monolithic structures, where every component of the app was interconnected and interdependent. However, Microservices broke these monolithic structures into smaller and independent services that communicate with each other via APIs.
In this article, we will explore what microservices are, with their benefits, and key statistics, and dive into how Microservices architecture can transform the IT landscape.
Microservices – An overview
Microservices is an architectural approach to software and product development that involves breaking down complex applications into small, independent, and self-contained services. These are devised to perform specific functions and communicate with each other through Application Programming Interfaces. Unlike traditional monolithic applications, microservices are loosely coupled. So, it allows startups or business owners like you to build, deploy, and scale independently.
Microservices architecture offers several benefits, which include enhanced scalability, flexibility, and resilience. The interesting part here is each microservice can be individually managed, which simplifies maintenance and updates.
In recent years, microservices have gained huge popularity due to their ability to enhance productivity, quick time to market, and amplify the overall efficiency of the development processes. Next, let us get to know…
Key statistics of microservices
Knowing the main statistics of Microservices architecture is of the utmost importance before using it in your organization. Let’s look at some important statistics that showcase the importance of microservices.
- According to a report by O’Reilly, over 90% of organizations adopted or plan to adopt microservices.
- According to the Statista analysis, in 2021, microservices were utilized by 85% of reputed companies with over 2000+ workers. Furthermore, just 5% of firms planned to convert to a microservices architecture, while 37% of them were only partially employing microservices.
- Companies that implemented microservices reported a 60% increase in productivity, as stated in a study by DORA (DevOps Research and Assessment).
- Companies achieved 30% greater customer retention, 29% better customer data security, 29% faster time-to-market, 28% improved app performance, and 26% increased staff productivity, according to IBM market development and insights research.
- According to a Nginx study, 74% of firms said that using microservices architecture has boosted business agility.
- Companies utilizing microservices reported a 20% reduction in time to market for new features and applications, as per the O’Reilly report.
These are the statistics you need to be aware of before adopting microservices for your business model or product. Next, let us see…
How Microservices are revolutionizing the IT landscape?
Microservices are revolutionizing the Information Technology (IT) world by changing the way software applications are designed, built, and maintained. As already mentioned earlier, applications were built as monolithic entities. So, all components were tightly integrated. Microservices, on the other hand, represent a shift towards a modular and distributed architecture.
It’s time to discover how microservices reshape the IT sector.
One of the most important factors in transforming the IT industry with microservices is scalability. It enables the autonomous scaling of each service inside an application in response to consumer demand. This horizontal scaling approach ensures optimal resource utilization and improved performance.
2. Resilience and fault isolation
Another significant impact lies in the enhanced resilience of systems built using microservices. As they isolate failures from individual services, microservices improve system resilience by limiting their impact on the application as a whole. This fault isolation ensures that issues within one microservice do not lead to a complete system failure. Therefore, it results in more robust and reliable software systems.
3. Agility in development
Microservices also contribute to increased agility. Since microservices design allows development teams to work on individual services separately, it improves agility. This independence accelerates software or product development processes, which allows for quicker responses to changing requirements. This agility is paramount to today’s fast-paced nature of modern business environments.
4. Technological diversity
Microservices support technological diversity by allowing various services within an application or product to be developed using different programming languages, databases, and frameworks. This flexibility promotes innovation, which empowers business owners and CXOs of the company to choose the most suitable tools for each specific service. This offers developers and company owners an intriguing and practical method for resolving issues.
5. Efficiency in software development
Microservices revolutionize the efficiency of software development. With the ability to manage and update individual services independently, business owners can streamline maintenance processes, and reduce downtime and disruptions. This efficiency contributes to faster software and application development and more effective deployment of software solutions.
6. Response to market changes
The agility and scalability provided by microservices enable business owners and CXOs of the organization to respond instantly to market changes. Being responsive is crucial in the quick-paced business environment of today as it enables businesses to swiftly adjust to changing consumer demands, market shifts, industry trends, and competitive hurdles.
The above-outlined factors play a pivotal role in revolutionizing the Information technology landscape. Next, let us see.
Advantages of adopting Microservices
Here we list some benefits you can get by adopting Microservices architecture for your business.
- Developers can work on individual services independently, which supports faster software or product development cycles.
- The issue in one service is enclosed, which prevents the entire system from failing.
- You can protect your customer data and company data with better security.
- Smaller focused services are easier to manage and update without disrupting the entire system.
- Your business can get higher customer satisfaction.
- Microservices promote better collaboration, so your team can work on different parts of the system at the same time.
- Enhanced product quality and performance
- Encourages streamlined business processes
- Cloud migration is simple when using Microservices.
- Your business can grow rapidly by adopting microservices.
You can expect the following astounding advantages if you integrate microservices into your business strategy.
We hope you gained an immense knowledge of how microservices are reshaping the IT landscape and how software development is approached. The statistics and advantages of adopting microservices clearly depict the impact of this architectural style on the IT landscape. Microservices are becoming increasingly prevalent, and it’s obvious that this methodology will continue to be extremely important in determining the future path of technology.
Microservices offer a path to greater efficiency, flexibility, and innovation in product development. Leveraging this architectural approach can lead to significant advantages, which allows businesses to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving technological environment. If you are a business owner or a CXO of a company planning to scale your business or build an innovative product by adopting microservices, then partnering with Fortunesoft is an ideal choice. We have 14+ years of experience in offering robust and creative technology solutions for startups, enterprises, and businesses of all sizes.
What are you waiting for???